Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Those People

School. I am beginning to think that the only reason it is even important anymore is for the social aspect of it. The education system is so corrupted that you don't learn anything. It is too streamlined and standardized for it to really help us out very much in the future. They make you take certain classes so you get exposed to everything and then slow everything down so everyone can get it. So what happens is you learn a little bit about a lot of things, but not as much as you should have learned in that course. Where as if they let you pick what class you wanted to be in, for instance chemistry since you know that you don't much care for biology, then you would have a class of really dedicated students that cared and actually wanted to learn and then you would actually learn things. But no, they don't like that idea. You may wonder who "they" are, for I speak of them often. "They" are the "leaders", the people that are in charge of stuff and end up ruining half of it. Not all leaders are bad, and leaders are definitely needed, anarchy is bad. But sometimes leaders need to get and actually use more insights from the majority of people, and they need to consider the minorities with great respect and esteem, so that the world can have progress and grow stronger and wiser.

But school. It is a place to see people. For instance, today. Today was actually a really good day (at least the beginning of it was, more on this later). I didn't see the people that I normally do, which since I am anti-change (which you already know), I wasn't sure that I was going to like. But I walked in that building with an open mind (and full and very noisy water jug a.k.a. "hydration container") and was pleasantly surprised. There are people there I can actually talk to. Its a little boring, Frisbee should not be considered a sport, though it isn't exercise intensive so its not a terrible activity. And technically it is called "lifetime activities" so maybe they are teaching us how to play with our dogs. I'm pretty certain that my lifetime activity will be done somewhere in a lab doing something science related, but whatever. There were some people that I knew, with one I had an interesting conversation about germ-x which led to a quite memorable quote. I'll save that story for a later time. And I suppose that I knew all of them vaguely. But now I believe that I have formed some nice friendships with those people.

Now for the part that is becoming the usual: my like/dislike section. Truthfully I suppose it is all like that, but not quite exactly. Anyways, for today...
Every time that someone doesn't want to talk to me, I find myself being hurt. I love to talk. I talk all the time. I didn't used to, but I do now. And I talk to anyone and everyone. But when my best friend doesn't want to talk to me, I feel basically like a complete failure at life. My friend should be able to always talk to me about anything, anything that upsets or excites or anything at all. But apparently I am the worst best friend ever, because its not like that. I think that sometimes he thinks that I get mad at him, but I never do. I get mad at myself for not being the friend that I should be to him. Maybe its because I talk too much, or maybe because I think too much, or perhaps because I dream too much. Whatever the problem, I am determined to find it and fix it. Because he deserves that.
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment