Tuesday, June 8, 2010

You've Got a Friend In Me

I think that there is a certain commitment you make when you become best friends. Whenever something hurts one of you, it hurts both of you. When one of you is happy, both are happy. And you think the same way about certain things too. And you know exactly what to do to make the person feel better most of the time, even if you don't realize that you are doing anything to help. Love isn't about how much you deserve it, because no one really deserves it, simply because you can't not deserve it. Love just is, and you just have to appreciate it. I think that you love all of your friends, but you love your best friend most deeply and you are connected more with them than anyone else.

I love that smile you always have
Its like you're happy to see me
And how you talk to me
With so much honest joy
How I went so long
Without you
I will never know
Sometimes it still amazes me
How much you truly care
And I'm so glad that we have
This friendship we can share
I really like how every time
I know when you are near
Because every time you're close to me
My happiness appears
And I know that if I think of you
Before I go to sleep
That my dreams will always be happy ones
Ones that are so sweet

I think that poem really explains the happy, almost childlike playfulness and joy that is a great friendship. A friendship that is the reason that you get up in the morning, one of the only reasons that you bother to do that. A friendship that is hours and hours of talking and laughing together. A friendship that is filled with hugs and love.
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment