Monday, June 14, 2010

Curiouser and Curiouser

I have been thinking lately. Thinking is a dangerous thing for any person to do, but it is also necessary. I have been considering what I am. I am a princess, this is true. I am fairly intelligent, this is also true. But I am a girl? Well, yes, I suppose, perhaps. I don't have a problem with that, I am totally fine with being what I am, I wouldn't like being a male any better. But what if there weren't male and female, and there were just people? No he or she, just them, they, as one and the same. Now if you get past the point where you think that the population wouldn't be able to continue if this happened because there would be no way to reproduce, and allow me to clear this up now, there are other ways to reproduce and a society in which we have been able to get rid of gender issues and prejudges by just eliminating gender all together would be smart enough to find some way to do so, it is an interesting concept. There would be no exploiting of women, nothing on TV to destroy the innocence of our youth. (I suppose drugs and alcohol, but I'm wondering if getting rid of those wouldn't soon follow in such a smart society.) Not everyone would agree with me on this, in fact a lot of people would disagree strongly with me, but I think that being just a person, neither girl nor boy, wouldn't be a terrible thing. I think that things would change so drastically. No one to tell people that they have to wear pink or blue or this club is only for boys or sewing is only for girls, just everyone being equal. I personally think that it sounds pretty good.

The music video for "If I Had You" didn't really impress me. I only watched it once, but I didn't think much of it. Perhaps if I watch it a second time it will be better.

I think that I have a problem with Tetris, I love it. Like I play it all the time. When I am bored, I will make up an imaginary game in my mind and play it out and plan the best strategies. I don't think that is normal.

I want to watch Alice in Wonderland again, I quite enjoy that movie. I love how it focuses on the imagination, which is a very important tool.
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment