Friday, June 18, 2010

New Friends, New Perspective

Sometimes you meet a person that is so much like you that it isn't even funny. I know that I said my mini me is just like me, and she is, but I may have found someone who is even more like me. Being a nerd is great, I'm not ashamed to be one. But its a lonely life sometimes. To be good looking or popular or athletic, you have lots of friends, you get to spend time with everyone, you are never alone. But nerds don't have many friends, they all claim us as friends so we will help them and give them money, which we are so nice that we always do. And yet it seems to me like things are always unfair to us. People get in trouble for being mean to each other if you play sports, but when people are mean to the nerds, everyone ignores it. The "friends" always leave us when it really comes down to it. We use logic and see how it is unfair, and it makes us really sad, but then they always say something to make it seem like its our fault, I mean its not like we have that many to begin with, we really don't want to lose friends. Scientists and people with great intelligence have throughout history have been lonely people. They were sad and crazy because of this, which is a terrible thing, but no one wanted to be with them. They were ridiculed by society, and no one cared. Maybe cliques aren't a bad thing, maybe its really for the best, it keeps people more safe. Nerds aren't going to be mean to other nerds, because they know what its like. Band people like other band people, math people like math people. That may sound terrible, but I think its true. Its a way to make people unified, make them feel better about themselves by realizing that they aren't the only person in the world like them.
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment