Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Fair Obsession

I've been told that I have an obsessive personality. That I am easily addicted to things. I didn't believe them before. I do now. When I find a song that I like, I will listen to it over and over and over again for days, never stop listening to it, day and night listen to it, until I find a new song, and then I do it with that song. Normally what happens is I find an artist that I like and I will stick with that artist for a long time. It's a little strange, because on most things I have a hard time paying attention, I have a focus problem. When I am doing logic puzzles, I will get addicted to them until I feel like I can't finish them, and then I will lose interest and quit for a while. But I don't ever lose interest in my music.

They say, those annoying in charge people, that life is never fair. We are raised hearing that life isn't fair. But I believe that there is a point where a little unfair becomes exceptionally unjust. You can't always win, this is true, and it is fair, it hurts but it is fair. But if you never win, and you try and try but never win, that makes you feel like a failure, and that is unjust, because no one is a failure at everything. When people blame you for something that you do or did or have control over, then its fair to say that it is your fault. But when you get blamed and penalized for something that you aren't in charge of, that you can't change and fix because you don't have the power to, that is unjust. And people need to understand that sometimes you wish that you could change things and you have thought of every way possible to change things, but still sometimes you can't. And people shouldn't forget about you because of this, because you don't want things to be the way they are either.


The title of this post reminds me of the fair. I love the fair. I love the animals and the rides and the crafts and the free stuff and the snow cones and other foods that make people sick because you probably shouldn't ever eat them, especially when it is hot because it is the middle of July. I wonder if anyone will want to go with me to the fair this year...
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment