Friday, June 4, 2010

Remember the Day...

Before I get to the major topic, I have found what may be the greatest song ever. It speaks of the place that I want to visit more than anywhere else. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIrmPEyt0Nc You just have to listen to it, it is amazing.

Now, I will speak of the subject in the title, while listening to the song of course. Memories, we make them all the time, we can't not make them, unless you forget something, I guess that is a nonmemory. Anyway, you can't pick your memories, just like you can't pick what you hear (well you kind of can, but once you overhear something, there isn't any going back and not hearing it). You have them for a lifetime. Which is why you want to make good ones, not stupid ones. My memories are very interesting. I love remembering things, especially things about important people. Music is really good for bringing back happy memories. Like the song I mentioned earlier (really, if you haven't listened, you need to) reminds me of my cousin and my mini me, because I remember talking about that all the time with them. Talk of pancakes and moose, good times. Or the countless number of songs that remind me of my best friend. Like every song by Britney, or every song ever possibly played one note of on The OC. And its not always music that I associate with memories and people and places, its everything. Like I played my video game on the student council trip and on my science trip. Now that was two completely different sets of people to travel with. But both were fun. Or I spilled nail polish on these pajamas, orange nail polish to be exact, the first time I wore them, which was on the science trip, and it was brand new nail polish too, and then walked barefoot in a hotel (upon reflection that was really gross) with my best friend to get water while wearing them. Or something really obscure, like I thought about wearing these socks one week before going to do something with my best friend and ended up not wearing them.

On a related yet not really note, I also do strange things with every number I see. I will add and subtract and divide and multiply and count and everything mathematical to find something common between all the numbers. For example, if I see a house number that is 3594, I will do something like "9+5=14, and 4+3=7. So the two outside numbers are equal to half the inside." That way the world has order and purpose and isn't just random. I really love math a lot, in case you couldn't tell.

Smells remind me of things too. Maybe that's because I have a pretty sensitive sense of smell. Its the first thing that I notice about a person or a room. Like peppermint reminds me of clean hair and Christmas. Or the strange hospital but not quite hospital smell that is discovery reminds me of when I got my microscope. Once I find a smell I like, like in my perfume, it really bothers me to change because I think that if other people make that memory/smell connection, I don't want to mess that up. Though I'm not sure what kind of memories people form about me. Maybe it would be better if they didn't remember them.

I think that swimming makes you more tired than any other form of halfway exercise. You don't notice that you are tired or sore until after you get out of the water. Its like water has magical properties. It is a polar molecule. That doesn't sound too impressive to know, but on the giant science crossword I said that it was a molar molecule. I didn't think that molar made much sense... Now every time I drink a glass of water, I remember that case of mistaken molecule identity.
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment