Friday, May 21, 2010

Traditions

The older I get, the more I seem to like traditions. Like today, last day of school. I do the same thing on the last day of school every year. I get up, feeling fine, then somewhere between home and school, I catch some mysterious illness, then I spend the whole day at school miserable and then come home and go to bed. At least my body has enough sense to not get sick until summer, that way I don't have to miss any school.

Speaking of school, today it was very boring and pointless. I played cards, a lot. I really don't like playing cards. They asked me if I wanted to play speed, and I told them that I had no desire at all to get high. Apparently speed is a card game though, not a drug... One of my favorite teachers, the math one, not the science one, saw my distress however, and gave me nonograms (logic puzzle color by number things). And she didn't give me like five or six. No, she gave me like 50, all different. She is amazing. One finished picture was a pair of scissors. Another was the bio hazard sign.

Some people have the logic that you don't need to come the last day of school. To me, who knows logic very well, this is a very strange situation, for I, like always, carry this logic out too far and strange paradoxical things happen. I will explain the last day of school dilemma.
If you think that you don't need to go to school on the last day, that means that the day before the last day would be the last day for you. For example, if the last day of school is May 21, then then 20, would be your last day. But if you didn't think that you needed to come on the last day, then you wouldn't be able to come on the 20 either, because technically, it would be the last day for you. So then the last would be the 19, but then you couldn't go then either, because it would be the last day. This problem can be traced back so far, that the only way to not have a last day of school is to never have a first one. Make sense?

I think I might go try some more nonograms, since none of my friends are talking to me.
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment