Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Open Heart, Open Mind

Perfect. Everyone has different ideas on what they think perfect is. Some people think perfect is a song that comes on at just the right moment. Some people think that perfect is a beautiful picture in a museum. Others think that its a lazy afternoon on the beach, with no worries, no expectations, just calm and quiet. I know what perfect is. Perfect is an afternoon spent with your best friend, where nothing else seemed to exist, nothing else really mattered. Its hide and seek, its watching a movie, its jumping on a trampoline. Its anything and everything you can possibly think of doing, and it doesn't really matter what you do, as long as you do it with your best friend. That's what makes it perfect, not the activities, not the glitter and fancy shiny things, just time of togetherness.

My best friend really means a lot to me, more than he could possibly ever know. One of my favorite quotes of all time has to be this one: "A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you just the same." Now there are about a million different variations of that quote, and I'm not entirely certain who the very first person to say it was, but it is one of the most truthful things I have ever heard in my life. There are times that I have thought "Well, I've really done it this time, he will never talk to me again" and then always the next morning I will get a message saying "Hey amiga!" and then realize how very lucky I am to have such a true friend. Sometimes I think that he doesn't see how he is there for me. I know I have moments at times when I am less than great company, because I let my sad emotions get the best of me. Every time, within two sentences, he makes me smile and completely turns my day around. My past isn't a great one, I haven't done a lot of amazing things, I've had some pretty low places. But that doesn't seem to really affect him, unlike has happened with other people. He honestly and truly cares, and my past doesn't scare him. And quite honestly, without him, I'm not really sure that I would be alive today. He has helped me so much. I really hope that I am always there for him, because he really deserves it.

PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment