Sunday, January 2, 2011

Desires and Hurt

My mother is one of the strongest people I know, if not the strongest.

While I was not sleeping last night, I thought of a pretty nifty way to explain something. Imagine relationships like college degrees. Some colleges have graduate schools and offer doctorate degrees. Other are two-year school, they offer smaller degrees. And then the typical four-year school. Now the relationships that romantic sexuals of any and all gender preferences actually label "relationships" are like doctorate degrees. And the relationships that aromantic, or nearly aromantic, asexuals call relationships, like the nice and warm and cuddly relationships that you have with a friend, are four-year degrees. An asexual person is a school that only offers the four-year degree, that is the highest they are able to give. So to them, that is the most important relationship you could ever have. And to those other 99 percent of the population, it's not. This most likely made a lot more sense in my head last night when I was half asleep. But perhaps it will make sense to readers such as yourself.

What I would really like to have is someone I could call mine. A best friend that calls me their best friend too, not just me calling them that. Someone that would love to spend so much time with me. Someone who would sit close to me and keep me warm because they care a lot about me. Someone that would hug me lots. Someone that would love me no matter what.

I don't think that you should mess with people's dreams. That is a pretty deep area, and can leave some marks if you aren't careful. Perhaps I have a really bad view on the world, but I think that if you dream something and it wouldn't hurt anyone for someone to just go along with it, then why shouldn't you? Like if someone wanted what I said that I wanted in the last paragraph, and that someone had dreams about another person, like a friend, being that person to them, and it wasn't hurting or really affecting anyone, why wouldn't you just let it go? Perhaps you could even hug them lots, not in public as it may get unwanted and unjustified attention, but perhaps in private, and it wouldn't ever hurt anyone. You could tolerate hugging, and perhaps even enjoy it, for the sake of your friend, so no one would be hurt. Seeing as amigoship is the highest degree I have to give, referring back to my explanation, I do not see where it would be a problem.

I need to find some lotion and chapstick now.
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment