Friday, January 1, 2010

Day One

First day of the new year...know how I spent it? The same way most of the world did; sleeping because I stayed up waiting for it to come. That custom seems to me to be one that needs to be questioned. The new year is coming whether we watch it come or not. We can't stop it. We aren't going to sleep through it, it will be there when we wake up. We will live it for at least 365 days. So what is the big deal about watching it come in?

The Olympics are in Canada this year. I want to go to Canada. I also want to go to the Olympics. So that would be the perfect trip for me. But the way its looking, I will just have to settle for watching it on TV and playing my Olympics game on my DS. But I also love my video games, so that's OK too. But I will go to the Olympics someday.

Sometimes I think I live too much in the someday instead of the right now. I have all of these plans for the future, but what if I'm not paying enough attention to what is around me right now? I might actually end up missing all of this someday. Not that I am unappreciative, because I always try to be very grateful for what I have. But the future just looks like it will be so much more fun than this present time is. I don't know, I will ponder some more on this and get back with you....someday.

I love yarn. I feel very cat-like saying that. But it is very interesting if you think about it. Its not quite thread, and not quite fabric. It is very complex yet simple, soft and movable, yet stuck in its own way. Yes, yarn is very nice stuff. Until those little fuzz things come off and get in your eye. Then its not so cool anymore.

Music is my love. Its in my head, it puts me to sleep at night, its always playing when I am at home. And it doesn't even matter to me what kind of music, I love all kinds. As long as the lyrics are good and it has a good sound, then I like it (except rap, it has no nice sound, sorry if that offends anyone, but I don't like it). Right now my songs are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdxXus1ULw: The Cliks (from Canada :) ) My friend showed them to me, and I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLQgjEhH400: Shakira...I am learning Spanish (and I really really love it, you will probably notice if you read this enough, I like to throw it in randomly in conversations). Her Spanish songs led me to this. Which I realize I am like five years behind all of the music trends, but whatever.
And the other day, I discovered this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xtSZoAdBDo
It is basically the theme song of my life.

I should probably go do something productive now.
Later! :)
PrincessC

No comments:

Post a Comment